Lee and London managed media relations, social media & on-site event staffing for the nationally-televised Warner Bros. and Paul Mitchell Supergirl Pro Surf Competition in Oceanside, CA from 2011 to 2014. The event served as the only ASP 6-Star women’s event in North America and the largest female contest in the world with 80+ athletes.
The PR campaign drove record-breaking attendance for the three-day competition and garnered continuous positive feedback from both regional and endemic press, with features in Associated Press, ESPN, Transworld, Yahoo!, San Diego Union-Tribune, North County Times and more as well as several on-site segments with Fox 5 TV, KUSI TV and CBS 8 TV, plus live radio.
Lee and London also managed on-site social media, an intensive athlete social media campaign and developed and managed multiple social media contests.
Average Results Each Year:
– Total media audience: Over 210 million over a six-week period
– Secured over 200 articles and segments over a six week period
– Media placements in ESPN, Yahoo! Sports, Transworld Surf, Transworld Business, BNQT, Grind, Surf Channel, Surfer Magazine, Surfline, Surfer’s Village, Surf Shot and more
– Secured several pre-event and on-site live TV segments with Fox 5 San Diego, KUSI News and CBS 8 San Diego
– Secured feature stories in key regional outlets San Diego Union-Tribune (largest SD paper covered in print and online), North County Times, San Diego Magazine, Ranch & Coast Magazine, The Coast News, San Diego Reader
– Secured radio segments pre-event and 17 on-site reporters