Sony Action Cam
As part of a strategic plan to launch Sony’s brand new Action Cam, Sony leveraged an annual ASA triples event and worked with Limelight to introduce the product to regional, endemic and tech media.
The first annual Sony branded Big-Air Triples took place on the Venice boardwalk to an overwhelming crowd and key media on-hand to report from the ramp. The event successfully launched the camera in target publications including Yahoo!, Bloomberg, NBC Sports. Grind and Transworld.
Limelight teamed up with Sony and ASA to generate social media buzz for the event including Twitter and Facebook contests and daily athlete engagement. The overwhelming response from fans ended up giving the branded event hashtag on Twitter average impressions reaching over 3.1 million users over one week.
L&L PR’s work over the course of our contract included:
– Total media audience: over 239.4 MILLION
– Received coverage in over 232 publications over a 2 week period
– Secured live TV segment pre-event with KTLA, #1 Los Angeles broadcast station with a reach of over 11.08 million
– Secured Associated Press article, with hits on over 50 top news sites nationwide including Yahoo! Sports, NBC Sports and more
– Media placements in key sports and lifestyle outlets such as Grind TV, Transworld, Examiner, Yahoo! Sports, CNN, Alli Sports, Juice Magazine and more