By: Paola Pacheco
About a month and a half ago, I had the privilege of starting my first day at Lee & London. As a college graduate fresh out of San Francisco State University, I’ll admit that I had no idea what to do with my career. All I wanted was to work in the PR world and move to a whole new city in the future, and San Diego was on my list (even though we’re in the middle of a pandemic). So, I started my post-grad life the only way I knew how: grinding myself to the core. It only took me three months before I found Lee & London, and I’m so glad I did. I’ve learned more about the public relations world in the past four weeks, than I have in one semester.
I’ve also learned a lot of valuable things since then…
- Building media lists like a pro
- Using HubSpot, Outlook, and Cision
- Nothing you learn in class compares to the real-life work
- You can still build relationships with your fellow interns and bosses remotely
- Sending gifs through Slack (my favorite thing that I learned from Brendi, CEO of LLPR!)
TL;DR: If you’re looking for a sign to apply for an internship here at Lee & London, this is it: go for it, and you’ll never look back — because I know I didn’t.