It’s Back! KidsFest San Diego Returns to NTC Ingram Plaza May 17-18, 2014
San Diego’s Largest Hands-On Creative Festival for Kids Returns with More than 100,000 Square Feet of Interactive Play and Fun for the Whole Family!
Tickets on Sale Now: Special Early Bird Pricing through March 31
(SAN DIEGO, CA – March 17, 2014) KidsFest – San Diego’s wildly popular hands-on, creative festival for children and their families – announced today that the Festival will return May 17-18, 2014. Presented by the Chloe Nichols Foundation, KidsFest 2014 will transform the NTC Ingram Plaza in Point Loma into a wonderland of play, with activities designed to stimulate and celebrate the imagination.
Early bird ticket prices are available now through March 31. Single tickets are $13 and a Family Four Pack is $40. Tickets can be purchased online at www.kidsfestsandiego.com.
KidsFest San Diego is proudly presented by media sponsors KYXY 96.5, ENERGY 103.7 and San Diego Family Magazine. Corporate sponsors include Trader Joe’s, Honest Tea, Clif Bar, Naked Juice, and Pretzel Crisps.
KidsFest will feature over 100,000 square feet of interactive stations where kids can move, sing, create, and escape in pure play. Just a few of the activities include:
- New this year: Hullabaloo, the outrageously popular folk, funk and rock band for kids, will perform on the main stage
- The Messy Zone – filled with mud, muck and messy fun
- Creation Station – See your child’s imagination at work at this make-and-take crafts station
- Green Thumb Market presented by Honest Tea & Crown Ace Hardware – a creative space for “budding” gardeners
- Build It Construction Square – construct a castle, design a reading nook, or just play and create
- Dress Up Alley presented by Fairytale Fashionista – for kids who like to get red-carpet ready
- Gumball Alley & Bubble Zone – where kids can kick, bang, ram and bam hundreds of jumbo “gumballs”
- Snack Shack presented by Clif Bar, Pretzel Crisps and Trader Joe’s – for young chefs (healthy treats are included in the price of admission)
- Shake, Rattle and Roll presented by TakeLessons – for aspiring musicians to make their own take-home instruments
- Food Truck Lunch Room providing delicious treats for the whole family to enjoy
- Raise the Roof (a 70’x70’ roof made out of 100,000 yards of colorful elastic) – for those who want to have crazy, hands-on, tangled, twisted fun
- VIP Stroller Valet – complimentary parking for all
In addition to being a quality family event, KidsFest San Diego will be supporting charities that are committed to San Diego’s children and families. ALL net proceeds from KidsFest will benefit the Chloe Nichols Foundation, a 501(c) (3) nonprofit; these proceeds will help to further the Foundation’s mission of providing college scholarships for kids who demonstrate creativity and supporting various local children’s charities, including our 2014 partner: the Jenna Druck Center.
KidsFest is San Diego County’s largest hands-on, creative festival for children and their families. On May 17-18, KidsFest will transform the NTC Ingram Plaza in Point Loma into a 100,000-square-foot wonderland of pure, uncomplicated play for the entire family, with activities designed to stimulate and celebrate the imagination. Our mission is simple: we believe in the power of unplugging and playing, in the joy of finding inspiration everywhere and we value recycling, repurposing and reinventing, so we can leave our children a clean and pure planet. For more information, visit www.kidsfestsandiego.com.
ABOUT CHLOE NICHOLS FOUNDATION
The Chloe Nichols Foundation is an organization inspired by Chloe Nichols, an eight year-old girl whose spirit and determination inspires others to reach for and achieve their goals. Chloe was a fiercely determined girl who never backed down from a challenge. She was a very imaginative and creative child who loved stories, art and all things “girly.” She passed away tragically at age eight on August 25, 2009, and yes, she fought all the way to the end. The Chloe Nichols Foundation is a charitable organization established as a college scholarship fund and is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. The Chloe Nichols Memorial Scholarship is granted each year to one, or more, college bound high school senior who demonstrates superior creativity.